Book Title: ChiRunning: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running
Author: Danny Dreyer
- ChiWalking: Fitness Walking for Lifelong Health and Energy
- Chi Marathon: The Breakthrough Natural Running Program for a Pain-Free Half Marathon and Marathon
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
- The Running Revolution: How to Run Faster, Farther, and Injury-Free--for Life
- Chi Running: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running
- Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
- Barefoot Running Step by Step: Barefoot Ken Bob, the Guru of Shoeless Running, Shares His Personal Technique for Running with More Speed, Less Impact, Fewer Injuries and More Fun
- Running & Being: The Total Experience
- Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster: Become a Faster, Stronger Runner with the Revolutionary 3-Run-a-Week Training Program
- Daniels' Running Formula-3rd Edition
The revised edition of the bestselling ChiRunning
, a groundbreaking program from ultra-marathoner and nationally-known coach Danny Dreyer, that teaches you how to run faster and farther with less effort, and to prevent and heal injuries for runners of any age or fitness level.
Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, provide powerful insight that transforms running from a high-injury sport to a body-friendly, injury-free fitness phenomenon. ChiRunning employs the deep power reserves in the core muscles, an approach found in disciplines such as yoga, Pilates, and T’ai Chi. ChiRunning
enables you to develop a personalized exercise program by blending running with the powerful mind-body principles of T’ai Chi:
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and reduce your potential for injury while running, and make knee pain and shin splints a thing of the past.
2. Engage your core. Shift the workload from your leg muscles to your core muscles, for efficiency and speed.
3. Add relaxation to your running. Learn to focus your mind and relax your body to increase speed and distance.
4. Make it a Mindful Practice. Maintain high performance and make running a mindful, enjoyable life-long practice.
5. It’s easy to learn. Transform your running with the ten-step ChiRunning